The key questions guiding you through the introduction are:
- What is meant by Watershed Management?
- Why is management of natural resources necessary?
- What is meant by planning and management?
- What is required of natural resource management and development?
- How should management and planning carried out?
- What are the challenges for planners and managers?
- How is planning feasible?
- Which tools are available?
- Which planning models are provided?
- Which units can be planned for?
- What is a watershed?
- Why are watersheds a reasonable planning unit?
- Which principles are followed up by Watershed Management?
- What are the effects of sound Watershed Management?
- Which are the objectives of Watershed Management?
- What does Watershed Management comprise?
- What are the features of Watershed Management?
- Which processes influence Watershed Management?
- How has Watershed Management been developed?
Which 'understandings of Watershed Management' exists is explained first.