This web page aims to provide the basic concepts of the processes related to the formation of mountains and their breakdown.
To meet the stated objective, the student will be able to understand how mountains are formed and degraded by processes including
- Plate Tectonics, Faulting and Folding
- Weathering and Erosion (see Mountain Breakup) and
Prerequisites for this site:
- approximtaly 3rd-year level in geosciences
- previous classes in Geology, Mineralogy, Sedimentology, Petrology, Tectonics, Climatology and Geochemistry
- Guided, Interactive and Explorative learning
- Blended Learning
Team members of the Mountain Building Group (MBG):
- supported by Silvio Janetz and Carola Klost (administration and technical support), Sebastián Hernández (animations) and the FU Berlin GeoLearning Group.