Information for Outgoings
1.) Choosing a Partner University
Please check Partner Universities for information on selecting partner university that suits you.
2.) Applying at the FU Berlin
- Application Period:
- Following winter semester: 11/15 - 1/31
- Following summer semester: 5/1 - 5/15 (remaining places)
FU online application form (available during application periods)
Letter of motivation
- Detailed description of the study or research project, statement of your professional interest as well as the necessity and feasibility of the stay abroad, 1-2 pages, German or English
Curriculum vitae in tabular form
Certificate of enrollment
Proof of academic achievement (incl. table with grades and LPs) or a copy of the Bachelor's certificate for Master's students
Proof of language skills (can be submitted later if necessary)
- As a rule, at least B1 level required, but exact level depends on partner university (please inform here after entering the desired partner university)
- CEFR language certificates can be issued by the Language Center
- The DAAD language certificate can be used as a template
- Central language tests at the Language Center
3.) Nomination and application at the Partner University
- By March: Allocation of study places and notification of applicants
- Please confirm binding acceptance of the exchange place as soon as possible so that we can nominate you at the partner university!
- Application at the partner university
- The partner university will contact you directly and send you the necessary documents.
- Please be sure to observe the respective deadlines of the partner universities!
- Prepare for your study abroad (apartment, bank, travel arrangements, insurances, ...; see below)
- Fill out Learning Agreement
- Fill out page 1 independently
- Fill out page 2 together with examination board
- Have the ERASMUS Coordination of the Department of Geosciences and the Erasmus Coordination of the partner university fill out page 3