Open Access in the Geosciences
What geoscientists at Freie Universität should know.
News from Mar 07, 2023
14. April 2023, 10:00-11:30 a.m.
In attendance at the GeoCampus Lankwitz, Building C, Room 111 as well as online via Webex.
-- Presentations during the event will be held in German --
To enable us to plan better, registration is required for attendance. Please send an informal email to Andreas Hübner (email@example.com). Online participation is possible without registration: https://fu-berlin.webex.com/fu-berlin/j.php?MTID=mbdcfeebf43d3cf2c250acb85e7780510
Who should attend
Students and researchers (incl. doctoral students) of the Department of Earth Sciences at Freie Universität who would like to learn the basics of publishing in Open Access or who would like to publish their research results (e.g. journal articles, books) in Open Access.
Open Access means free access and reuse to scientific literature on the Internet. To make Open Access a reality, Freie Universität Berlin encourages all university members to make the results of their research freely accessible worldwide according to the Open Access principle. Using examples from the Department of Earth Sciences at Freie Universität, we will explain the most important principles, present the possibilities for financial support and be available to answer your questions.
Part 1: The basics (10:00-10:30 a.m.)
- What does Open Access mean?
- What are the recommendations on Open Access at Freie Universität?
- What are the Open Access guidelines of funding organisations?
- What support services does the university library offer?
Part 2: Open Access at the Department of Earth Sciences (10:30-11:30 a.m.)
- How much Open Access is there at the Department of Earth Sciences?
- Quality of Open-Access-journals
- Funding of Open-Access-publication fees by the FU: Explanations for the most popular Open-Access-journals at the Department of Earth Sciences.
Steffi Grimm, Dr. Andreas Hübner
If you have any questions, please contact Andreas Hübner: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +49 (0)30 838 71062
For further information and events on Open Access at Freie Universität Berlin, please visit: https://www.fu-berlin.de/en/sites/open_access/index.html.