Fields of Interest:
Development of sampling equipment for water, porewater and sediment samples. Analysis of environmental samples (water, porewater, SEPM, SPM, sediment, soil, biota, air) from point and diffuse sources for organic and inorganic compounds (bioavailable fraction, solvent-extractable fraction, bound residues), contaminant identification in combination with ecotoxicological analysis, ecological risk assessment. Analysis of marine microplastics within the Expedition-MED and MP in urban ecosystems.
- Environmental Specimen Bank – suspended particulate matter (SPM) and sediments – sampling, analysis since 2002
- Analysis of microplastics within the Expedition MED since 2011
- I-HEX in coopertation with BfG and RWTH-Aachen
- AnPassa (Passive sampling poject – BfG – S. Schäfer)
- SPM Monitoring in marine Ecosystems (NLWKN – Lower Saxonia, D. Stteffen, T. Behrends)
- Inorganic Geochemistry of SPM within the ESB (U.Wiechert, M. Weynell – FU Berlin - Geochemistry)