What are the major five aspects of IWM?
The five major aspects of IWM are:
- A (sub-) catchment as a management unit, not forgetting the downstream effects of impacts and measures.
- sustainable management of all resources, not only water (holistic approach),
- development of protection areas,
- establishment of a Water Resource User Association and the development of a catchment management plan and
- the cooperation of all relevant stakeholder groups in a catchment.
Learn more about different aspects of IWM in the introduction to the learning material.