BACK AGAIN: FU BERLIN QBO-TIMESERIES NOW AT KIT
The former FU Berlin Atmospheric Dynamics (and Stratosphere) research group is happy to announce that the Berlin QBO-timeseries will be continued by the Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). At KIT, the QBO will be calculated based on the original method of analysis developed at FU Berlin. The FU Berlin QBO timeseries will thus be continued in a consistent manner into the future.
Further information and the completed, up-to-date QBO-timeseries are found at:
Profile Atmospheric Dynamics
- Analysis of the climatology and variability of the stratosphere and mesosphere in measurements and model data.
- Provision of daily stratospheric winter diagnostics and meteorological support for measurement campaigns.
- Investigation of radiative, chemical and dynamical processes, and their inter -actions using a state-of-the-art global Chemistry-Climate-Model with focus on:
- anthropogenic depletion and recovery of stratospheric ozone,
- interaction between atmosphere and oceans,
- model projections of future stratospheric change,
- impact of stratospheric change on tropospheric weather forecast.
- Investigation of solar cycle effects on climate.
- Model simulations of early Earth conditions to study the evolution of life.
- Application of advanced methods of time series analysis to climate research.