- Analysis of the climatology and variability of the stratosphere and mesosphere in measurements and model data.
- Provision of daily stratospheric winter diagnostics and meteorological support for measurement campaigns.
- Investigation of radiative, chemical and dynamical processes, and their inter -actions using a state-of-the-art global Chemistry-Climate-Model with focus on:
- anthropogenic depletion and recovery of stratospheric ozone,
- interaction between atmosphere and oceans,
- model projections of future stratospheric change,
- impact of stratospheric change on tropospheric weather forecast.
- Investigation of solar cycle effects on climate.
- Model simulations of early Earth conditions to study the evolution of life.
- Application of advanced methods of time series analysis to climate research.
Prof. Dr. Ulrike Langematz