New video conferencing systems with digital whiteboard function
News from Jul 19, 2023
Three new Cisco video conferencing systems will be available at the Earth Sciences Library beginning July/August 2023. The devices will provide an exceptional video meeting experience with a 4K, 27-inch screen, a 71-degree, 12-megapixel camera, a 3.1 sound system, and a noise-canceling microphone array.The "On/Off switch" is located on the back of the device.
The devices are located in the larger group study rooms on the second floor of the library and are available to all users without prior registration.
The "Cisco Desk Pro" devices offer even more features:
- Easy and clean whiteboard use: The dedicated stylus enables uncomplicated and clean use of the whiteboard. Content can be automatically saved and annotated in a Webex App Space.Stylus pens are available for this purpose and can be borrowed from the lending desk.
- Content sharing: Presentations, documents or the desktop can be shared easily.
- Getting into meetings and calls: The buttons on the touch display make it easy to access meetings or calls.
- Customizable backgrounds: There is an option to blur or virtualize the background during meetings.
- Video and Audio Quality: The camera captures a wide angle of view, while the audio hardware provides crystal clear directional sound recording and exceptional sound quality with 3 directional speakers and a subwoofer.
- Docking station: The Cisco Desk Pro acts as a docking station and primary display with USB-C connectivity, enabling the use of conferencing hardware with the meetings software of your choice. With the Touch Redirect feature, the Desk Pro also extends the functionality of your laptop and enables touch-based control of the PC.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities: The hardware provides a frictionless meeting experience and contextual insights. The Webex Assistant is a voice-controlled assistant that enables starting or entering meetings, room reservations, and calls. Facial recognition and noise detection ensure that the hardware recognizes meeting participants by their face and suppresses distracting background noise.