Due to the complex nature of knowledge generation and management, there is a growing need for an effective organization of scientific work. One of the most effective tools of knowledge management is networking. Trough the network, you can share your knowledge will other persons, and you will also learn form others. A trusty functional networks is a good possibility for information exchange. Networks will also help to increase trust, minimize abuse, create relationships and nobly increase the performance of your project.
Networks are functional if...
- the “meaning” is shared and accepted within the system: shared vision and mission
- the hierarchical system of scientific performance control is not affected
- the information system is organized in a way that pay-offs are expected
- the transparency and access to information is given
- the political influence is indirect and visible
- the free association of the members is respected
- the integration is not affected
- the improvement of the system is as important as individual’s career
- the co-operation and interdisciplinary work is desired