IWM workshop Nairobi 2004
The first workshop of the DAAD financed university cooperation project on Integrated Watershed Management Eastern Africa was held in Nairobi from 31st May to June 2nd 2004. The participants decided to build up an Integrated Watershed Management network with the main goal of fostering watershed management for sustainable development.
The specific objectives were identified as follows:
- to start an international Masters Programme on Integrated Watershed Management
- establish co-operation between partners
- initiate exchange of researchers and students (south-north-south)
- initiate joint research (south-north-south)
- co-operate with DAAD Alumni