Dr. Simona Regenspurg
GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
Section 6.2 Geothermal Energy Systems
International Centre for Geothermal Research (ICGR)
Room Building A69, Room 202
- 2009 – present Research Scientist / GFZ Potsdam
- 2006-2009 Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Institute of Science and Technology (ISTE) at the EPFL (Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne), Switzerland
- 2005-2006 Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Department of Industrial Ecology, Royal University of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2004-2005 Scientific employee / Federal Institute of Geosciences and Natural Resources (BGR) Hanover, Germany.
- 2003-2004 Postdoctoral Research Associate / Department of Chemistry and Geochemistry, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, USA.
- 1999-2002 Graduate Research Assistant / Department of Hydrology, University of Bayreuth, Germany.
- 1992-1998 Studies of Geology/ Hydrogeology (Diplom) / Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany.
Langzeit-Korrosionsuntersuchungen und -Monitoring in salinarem Thermalwasser
- Water-rock interactions and their significance for the environment
- geochemical processes in geothermal systems (reactions at elevated p-, T- conditions)
- mobility of inorganic pollutants (e.g. aquatic complexes of arsenic and uranium)
- acid mine drainage and iron minerals
- following a multidisciplinary approach by considering geochemistry, geology mineralogy and microbiology