In principle, the quality of open access journals is just as good (or bad) as that of "traditional" journals. But there is a difference: the business model on which most open accessjournals for the sciences are based can tempt publishers to deliver poor quality (predatory publishing). We explain the mechanism and present our position on this.
- Thursdays 3:15 - 3:45 p.m. at the Earth Sciences Library in Lankwitz and online at the same time.
- To participate online, simply use the Meeting-Link. The online stream will not be recorded.
- Participation is possible without registration.
- There is room for about 20 people in the library on a first come, first served basis. There is of course free fresh coffee.The lectures will be held either in German or English.
- The presentation slides will be linked on this website.
Time & Location
Dec 14, 2023 | 03:15 PM - 03:45 PM