1. Integrated water resources management (IWRM) is a process which promotes the development and management of _______, _______ and related resources, in order to _______ the resultant economic and social welfare in an equitable manner without compromising the sustainability of vital ecosystems. Fill in the missing words.
2. IWRM is an accepted sector-by-sector and top-down management approach. (True or false?)
3. What are the reasons for the increasing pressure on the world’s freshwater resources? Name at least four.
4. Why is it impossible to find a model/universal solution for IWRM practices?
5. What are the reasons for the increasing pollution of water resources? Name at least four.
6. More than a crisis of water shortage and water pollution, is often said, that the current water crisis is mainly a crisis of _______ and what are the main failures? Fill in the missing word and name at least two failures.
7. The Dublin Guiding Principles were first stated at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) as part of the AGENDA 21. When and where were the Dublin Guiding Principles stated? Choose the right answer.
8. What are the four Dublin Guiding Principles?
9. What are the challenges faced by IWRM? Name at least five.
10. The ecosystems depend on water flows. Why it is therefore so important to protect and improve terrestrial ecosystems in the upstream areas of a basin? Name at least two reasons.
11. Try to solve the following crossword puzzle. There are no blanks between words.