What does WM comprise?
Components of Watershed Management
Major components of Watershed Management needing the special attention of watershed managers are (see animation):
Management of these resources proceeds on the level of watersheds, as we have learned already.
Additionally, Watershed Management comprises the following components:
- Land management (land use planning, for example);
- Pasture management (area closure, for example);
- Crop yield management (e.g., storage management, marketing);
- Livestock management (e.g., marketing, dairy production);
- Rural energy management (e.g., decentralised use of renewable energy resources);
- Vegetation/biomass management (reforestation, agroforestry, etc.);
- Farm and off-farm activities adding value (e.g., creation of infrastructure) .