Legislative & Executive
A crucial point for successful watershed management is a proper operating legislative and executive.
For any environmental governance to be effective the following elements should be considered: Public sector management through strengthened public institutions.
- Accountability where governments are responsible and accountable to their people
- Rule of law: should be fair and enforced impartially
- Transparency and information built upon free flow of information
- Participation where all people have the possibility to be involved
- Responsiveness of all institutions to serving all stakeholders
- Consensus orientation and good will
- Equity where all men and women have the opportunity to get involved and lastly
- effectiveness and efficiency where processes and institutions produce results that meet the needs of people while making the best use of resources