Participatory planning and management approaches
Participation in community development is significant factor which can help to achieve the development goal. How do the village community having identified their community needs and plan their development themselves? That should reflect through their development plan.
What are the benefits of participation in community development?
- community interest in the development process
- community interest in the localities in which such a project is planned
- empower the Communities in the decision making process
- communities able to fully contribute their own local knowledge to the repository of expert environmental and social data
- facilitation, investigation, analysis, presentation and learning by local people and sharing of information and ideas
- expectation of Village development by plans formulated outside the villages at urban centres with less knowledge on the village realities and imposed upon village communities from the top