• Geochronology of shear zones, tectonics and continental growth.
Several previous projects have focused on method development for microgeochronology for sampling of rocks and minerals on the sub-mm scale, in particular from ductile shear zones and the determination of cooling and uplift rates. Other projects have used Nd model ages and U-Pb dating of zircon.
- A Rb-Sr perspective on the timing of peak burial for the HP-UHP Akezayi metamorphic complex (Tianshan, NW China) L. Bayet, T. John, H. Becker, E. Hoffmann, P. Argand (2015-2017).
- Influence of microfabrics on transport of radiogenic and stable isotopes on the millimeter scale. M. Wegmann, K. Hammerschmidt DFG (2004-2005).
- Exhumation processes in the eastern Alps, S. Schneider, C. Rosenberg, K. Hammerschmidt, M. Handy. DFG (2006-2010).
- Geochronology and Precambrian continental growth in India, C. Dobmeier, S. Lütke, K. Hippe, K. Hammerschmidt, K. Mezger, M. Raith DFG.