Information on low-contact lending
In 3 steps to physical book lending:
1. Preorder your books in Primo
2. Receive a pickup notification by mail
3. Pick up books at the library entrance, Monday - Thusday, between 10 am and 4 pm. (Library Access via foyer of house G). On Fridays the Earth Science Library is Closed.
Please come to pick up the media only after you have received the pickup notification. The media are reserved for you for 1 week after provision.
What does it mean ?
- Es ist möglich, in Primo vorbestellte Bücher in der Bibliothek abzuholen.
- In the entrance area of the library a lending desk has been set up where the ordered books can be picked up from Monday to Thursday between 10 am and 4 pm. The library is closed on Fridays.
- On January 13, 2021, the popular selection of pickup locations was reactivated for the Primo library portal.
- Book transport between libraries has resumed, so it is again possible to drop off books from other FU libraries at our library and drop off our books at the other libraries.
- When collecting the ordered media, the hygiene and safety standards at the Geo Campus Lankwitz must be observed (wearing a medical mask ("surgical mask"), minimum distance, etc.). Several hand disinfection dispensers have been installed in the foyer of House G.
- Please come to pick up the media only after you have received the pickup notification. The media are reserved for you after provision 1 week.
- More information about the low-contact lending service can be found on the university library's website
- The scanning service will continue (also for external people who contact us directly). This also applies to requests for the map collection.
- Media already borrowed have been automatically renewed and do not have to be returned directly during the first opening days - unless they have been earmarked.
- Please check the loan periods in your user account before your first visit to the library. Please try to extend expired loan periods yourself first.
- The maximum loan period is extended to one year.
- As usual, you can reserve media. If someone else reserves your medium, please bring it back on time.
What should be considered when entering the building?
- Please have your FU student ID, FU employee ID, or pick-up notification ready.
- Please wear a face mask in the building.
- Please keep the prescribed distance of 1.50 m from other persons.
- Please stay in the building for as short a time as possible.
- Disinfection facilities will be provided.
How can the library be used on site again?
- From 07.June 2021 the workstations (with reservation) can be used again on site.
We look forward to being there for you in person (and with little contact),
Your team of the Earth Sciences Library