In principle, the quality of open access journals is just as good (or bad) as that of "traditional" journals. But there is a difference: the business model on which most open accessjournals for the sciences are based can tempt publishers to deliver poor quality (predatory publishing). We explain the mechanism and present our position on this.
- Thurdays 3:15 - 3:45 pm in the Earth Sciences Library in Lankwitz and simultaneously online.
- To participate online, simply use the meeting link. The online stream will not be recorded.
- Without registration.
- We have space for about 20 people in the library: first come, first served. Of course there will be fresh coffee free of charge.
- The presentations will be held in German or English.
- Presentation slides will be continously made available on this website.
Time & Location
Jul 06, 2023 | 03:15 PM - 03:45 PM
Earth Science Library