Pakistan Journal of Geology
Erstveröffentlichung: 30 Apr 2019
The Indian subcontinent is well respected for its growing research activity in the geosciences, particularly in circum-Himalayan earth science. The Pakistan Journal of Geology (PJG) is a peer-reviewed journal for geologists in Pakistan. The PJG publishes scientific papers, notes, and discussions in the broadly defined fields of geoscience, ones that are related to the geology of Asia. Contributions from Europe and Middle East and Africa are also welcome given the strategic location of the Indian subcontinent as well as topical studies on any geoscience-related discipline. The production, publication, and distribution of the PJG are managed by Zibeline International Publishing. The subject matter includes geology, geophysics, physical geography and pedology. Prospective contributors should consult recent issues of the journal to see whether a planned submission is appropriate. All research articles in this journal have undergone rigorous peer review, based on an initial editorial screening and single-blind refereeing.
- The Pakistan Journal of Geology (PJG) is intended for the dissemination of scientific themes of broad interest and original character related to the Geosciences of Pakistan and neighboring countries, including modern processes and new field and laboratory techniques. There are four regular and two theme-based issues per year.
- The PJG publishes articles, fast communications, articles with accelerated review, letters to the Editor, editorials and review articles.
- The abstracts may be written in Urdu or, preferably, in English.
- Articles – the main publication model consists of up to 8,000 words, including references. Fragmented articles will not be accepted (E.g. part 1, part 2). The articles must be readable, regardless of any previous article.
- Discussions – a section designated for disclosing comments on recently published articles, followed by the replies of the author(s) of the original work. Both texts must be brief, objective and concise.
- Book Reviews – The reviews are published by invitation of the Editors.
- Geological News – this concerns news which deserves rapid communication.