Is the research project scientifically accepted?
- Does the starting point correspond with the current level of knowledge?
- Is the method adequate?
- Are relevant results taken into consideration?
Are the scientists qualified?
- Are the scientists at the height of methodological knowledge?
- Have they already been successful in the discipline concerned?
- Are all relevant / required disciplines represented?
Can the project be realized in the way it is planned?
- Are the capacities of the institution sufficient to take on the project?
- Is qualified staff present or can it be recruited in time?
- Is the material equipment available or can it be provided in time?
- Are the funds sufficient to realize the planned activities?
Is the project planned carefully enough?
- Has an organizational or management structure been established?
- Can unforeseen costs or those potentially a arising later be taken over?
- In the case of failure, are alternative possibilities taken into consideration?