For the first semester only: 15th of April until 31st of May (for the winter term)
For higher semesters only: 1st of July until 15th of August (for the winter term) and
1st of January until 15th of February (for the summer term)
Here adresses and information across the topic of matriculation are to be found.
(Applications are to be made centrally, not via the DES).
- Prerequisites for admission
- a bachelor's degree in Geological Sciences from a university or a college equated by federal state law or
- a comparable degree in a subject pertinent to the Geological Sciences from a university or a college equated by federal state law
- a degree with an above-average final grade
- With a not-above-average final grade admission is nevertheless possible, if the student's aptitude for the field of study is proven by achievements related to this field, such as publications or relevant professional experience.
- The examining board decides whether the admission criteria are met. The board can schedule a hearing with the applicant before reaching its final decision.
- While the B. Sc. offers a broad basic education, the M. Sc. provides a distinctive specialization. Therefore successful applicants for this study program must have excellent capability of oral and written expression as well as a basic acquaintance with contents and methods of all of the geoscientific subdisciplines and the ability for autonomous learning and scientific research.
Further information and access to the admission process are to be found in the articles of admission (in German only).
Fees to be paid during the course of study you find under matriculation fees.