The modularized master's program "Geographical Sciences" with the three areas of concentration "Geographical Development Research", "Terrestrial systems" and "Environmental Hydrology" encompasses 120 credit points (abbr. LP) and subdivides into the modules of a cross-disciplinary curriculum (25 LP), of the respective area of concentration including modules of affine areas of study (65 LP) and the master's thesis including the thesis' defense (30 LP).
1. The cross-disciplinary curriculum comprises of the following modules:
· „Geographical data processing for advanced learners“ (10 LP)
· „Human-Environmental-Relations“ (5 LP)
· „Working as a geographer in professional practice" (10 LP)
2. In the area of concentration "Geographical Development Research" several modules are to be completed.
3. In the area of concentration "Terrestrial systems" several modules are to be completed.
4. In the area of concentration "Environmental hydrology" several modules are to be completed.
Individual modules of the areas of concentration are listed in the current
Study and Examination Regulations of 2011 here (in German only).
By choosing elective modules a disciplinal concentration is achieved which serves to deepen and specialize competencies and to broaden students' personal and professional profiles.
At the end of the program a master's thesis is to be handed in.
Study and examination regulations, study plans
Contents and qualificational goals of individual modules are regulated in the study and examination regulations.
The master's program's structure is illustrated additionally by the exemplary study plans.
Both are to be found here (in German only).