Management of Research Unit
Ulrike Langematz (PI), Nicola Hoffleit (PM)
SHARP will be coordinated at the Institut für Meteorologie of Freie Universität Berlin.
The main tasks will be:
- to promote and ensure the scientific and social exchange between the 4 scientific projects of the Research Unit,
- to coordinate the joint activities (e.g., the model simulations, data exchange) of the Research Unit,
- to organise meetings, special sessions on conferences,
- to organise the scientific exchange with the external SHARP partners, and
- to maintain and open contacts to the funding agency, scientific organisations and the public.
A SHARP Webpage in english and german and a Wiki will be implemented for the internal communication as well as for making SHARP results public.
As in Phase I, the DFG Research Unit SHARP will be coordinated at the Institut für Meteorologie of Freie Universität Berlin. The goal of the project SHARP-MAN is to enable an effective management of the Research Unit.
In more detail, the main tasks of SHARP-MAN will be:
- to promote and ensure the scientific exchange and communication between the four scientific projects of the Research Unit to maximise the scientific output,
In addition to the activities in Phase I, SHARP-MAN plans to extend the tasks of the project as suggested by the Reviewers. During SHARP-I common analyses of model and observational data have been initiated. It turned out that a unification of the diagnostic tools (e.g., the calculation of Eliassen-Palm fluxes) is essential for clean comparisons. Such joint analyses will increase in Phase II. It is therefore planned that SHARP-MAN will be deeper involved in the exchange of data and software for reading and analysing the data sets. SHARP-MAN will ensure and maintain standards of diagnostic programmes and communicate these to all users. SHARP-MAN will also care for common data formats and plotting software to be used in the expected joint publications.