2006, Gymnasium an der Hamburger Straße, Bremen. Grade: 1.4 (in a range of 1.0-4.0)
2006-2007 Chinese language classes, Tongji University Shanghai, China; HSK Level 6 (former system)
2007-2010 Bachelor Biology; Focus: Botany and Ecology, Göttingen University
2008-2011 Attendance at Ba.A. Programme “East Asian Studies”; Göttingen University/Nanjing University
2011-2013 Master Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolution, Free University Berlin
- Bachelor Thesis - 08/2010, Göttingen University, Prof. Dr. H. Behling, Prof. Dr. F. Schlütz (title:Studien zur Beziehung von Vegetation und Pollenniederschlag verschiedener Höhenlagen aus einer subtropischen Bergregion der Provinz Zhejiang, Südost China). Grade: 1.3
- Master Thesis – 08/2013, Free University Berlin, Prof. Dr. H. Kürschner, Prof. Dr. P. Tarasov (Title: Pflanzensoziologische, palynologische und quartärwissenschaftliche Untersuchungen der Hochgebirgsvegetation auf dem Qinghai-Tibetplateau, Qinghai Provinz, China). Grade: 1.0
Previous research employments
02/2011-05/2011 – Student assistant at NICE Centre, Nanjing University. Sediment analysis for the palaeoclimate history of Hala Lake.
02/2012-10/2012 – Student assistant at Alfred-Wegener-Institute for Polar and Marine Research in Potsdam (supervisor: Bernhard Diekmann; Microscopic pollen analysis for the palaeoclimate history of Heihai Lake.)
04/2013-06/2013 – Student assistant at FreieUniversität Berlin, pollen laboratory work.
Scientific activities abroad
02/2011 – 2 weeks: Hala Lake (Qinghai Province, China), field work, including core drilling and measuring of different water parameters.
08/2011 – 3 weeks: Lake Heihai(Qinghai Province, China), phytosociological studies, plant and data collection.
08/2012 – 4 weeks: Lake Heihai(Qinghai Province, China), phytosociological studies, plant and data collection (continued).
03/2013 – 3 weeks: Yunnan, collecting Radix sp. for phylogeographic investigations, spread and radiation in relation to the uprising of the Tibetan Plateau.
11/2013 – 2 weeks: Hainan (Hainan Island, China), collecting Radix sp. for phylogeographic investigations.
03/2014 – 5 weeks: Kunming / Xingyun Lake (Yunnan Province, China), lecturer at student excursion; Nanjing (Jiangsu Province, China), organising a workshop with an International Research Training Group, preparations for establishing a graduate school.
10/2014 – 3 weeks: Nanjing (Jiangsu Province, China), Laboratory work (NICE Centre, Nanjing University).
09/2015 – 4 weeks: Southern Tanzania; Screening landscape and river systems for the existence and diversity of limnic gastropods (preparatory works).
Conference / Workshop attendance:
- Open PAGES Focus 4 Workshop: “Human-Climate-Ecosystem Interactions: Towards a more accurate quantification of human-environment interactions in the past.” - University of Leuven, Belgium February 3-7, 2014
- Bolin Centre for Climate Research: “Summer School: Isotopes in Climate and the Earth System.” Stockholm University, 23–29 August, 2015.
Müller C., Tarasov P., Wünnemann B., Riedel F.: “High-resolution climate reconstruction derived from a 1200-year long pollen record from the NE Qinghai Tibetan Plateau and its implications for discussion of the late Holocene environmental dynamics.” - INQUA Conference, Nagoya. 26. July – 02. August, 2015
Awards and Funding
- 09/2010 – 02/2011 – DAAD stipend for Chinese language class at Nanjing University.
- 08/2012 – Travel grant from the DAAD. Plant collection for the master thesis in Heihai Lake region, China.