To the group-homepage "Dynamics of the Earth".
The working group Dynamics of Earth deals with the analysis and modelation of geopynamic processes that occur on earth. Main focus is set on deformation- and flowprocesses in the rigid earth crust and the flowable mantle, such as:
- Deformation processes on earth ( reservoirs, orogenisis, ...)
- Deformation processes within earth ( glacial isostasy, mantle convections, ...)
- Evolution of landscapes (erosion, denundation, ...)
- Evolution of aquifer systems ( karst, ground water flow, ...)
- Dynamics of climate ( ice ages, climatic archives, ... )
The group mainly deploys computer simulations, either using in-house developments or commercial software. The results of the numeric simulation are then compared to observational data.