to the homepage of the Dynamics of the Earth Research Group
Under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Georg Kaufmann, the Dynamics of Earth Research Group deals with the analysis and modelation of geopynamic processes that occur on earth. Main focus is set on deformation- and flowprocesses in the rigid earth crust and the flowable mantle, such as:
- Deformation processes on earth (reservoirs, orogenisis, ...)
- Deformation processes within earth (glacial isostasy, mantle convections, ...)
- Evolution of landscapes (erosion, denundation, ...)
- Evolution of aquifer systems (karst, ground water flow, ...)
- Dynamics of climate (ice ages, climatic archives, ... )
The group mainly deploys computer simulations, either using in-house developments or commercial software. The results of the numeric simulation are then compared to observational data.