Main research interests
Mineral physics of planetary processes
Mantle convection and crust formation
Atmosphere build-up and habitability
- Since 06/2017: Junior professor
Freie Universität Berlin, Department of Earth Sciences, Berlin, Germany
- 10/2012-05/2017: Post-doc position
Royal Observatory of Belgium, Department Reference systems and Geodynamics, Brussels, Belgium
- 10/2008-09/2012: Doctoral studies
German Aerospace Center (DLR), Institute for Planetary Research, Berlin, Germany
- L. Noack, A. Rivoldini and T. Van Hoolst
2017: Volcanism and outgassing of stagnant-lid planets: Implications for the habitable zone
Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, Vol. 269, pp. 40-57
- L. Noack, D. Höning, A. Rivoldini, C. Heistracher, N. Zimov, B. Journaux, H. Lammer, T. Van Hoolst and J.H. Bredehöft
2016: Water-rich planets: how habitable is a water layer deeper than on Earth?
Icarus, Vol. 277: 215-236.
- L. Noack, M. Godolt, P. von Paris, A.-C. Plesa, B. Stracke, D. Breuer, H. Rauer
2014: Constraints on planetary habitability from interior modeling.
PSS, special issue "Planetary evolution and life", doi: 10.1016/j.pss.2014.01.003, 98, 14-29.
- L. Noack and D. Breuer
2014: Plate tectonics on rocky exoplanets: Influence of initial conditions and rheology.
PSS, special issue "Planetary evolution and life", doi: 10.1016/j.pss.2013.06.020, 98, 41-49.